Luminato 4X4 takes broadcast video from traditional to distributed access networks
Launched at ANGA COM 2019, the brand-new Luminato 4X4 has been designed with a built-in video engine to support operators when they make the shift to distributed access architecture. With its powerful and ultra dense edge QAM, the platform allows operators to freely scale up their video services when the need for channels such as high quality 4K increases.
With Luminato 4X4, operators can:
- Deliver broadcast video over traditional and distributed access networks:
- Parallel QAM, IP and Remote PHY output interfaces ensure optimal video delivery today as well as in the future
- Video engine conversion guarantees a smooth shift to distributed access architecture
- Benefit from the latest, superior headend technology:
- Freely selectable range of digital inputs (IP, ASI, DVB-C/S/S2/S2X/T/T2, ISDB-T, and Annex B) and outputs (IP, ASI, DVB-C, COFDM, ISDB-T, and Annex B)
- Powerful Edge QAM for broadcast video over traditional networks with 144 QAMs per 1U chassis - six times higher QAM capacity compared to the traditional Teleste Luminato platform
- Line-speed multiplexing and scrambling with 40 Gb throughput supporting over 35 Conditional Access Systems
- Up to 60% lower power consumption
- Go the extra mile for uninterrupted services:
- High redundancy with two integrated PSUs and several 10 GbE interfaces
- Several redundancy configurations
- All modules, including power supplies, are hot swappable
- Intuitive and customer-valued easy-to-use user interface
- Utilise existing Luminato modules:
- Luminato 4X4 is built on the proven Teleste Luminato headend platform and is fully compatible with prevailing Luminato modules.
Shortlisted for CSI Awards 2019! Luminato 4X4 was shortlisted for CSI Awards 2019 in the category Best digital video processing technology.
A quantum leap in network capacity with Remote PHY
The IBC2019 visitors were also be able to learn more about DAN300, our compact DOCSIS® 3.1 capable RPD with RF overlay. Designed to provide operators with a smooth way to deploy distributed architecture in their networks, DAN300 offers a true alternative for building networks that have substantially higher capacity.
Thank you for visiting us at the show!